1. Spinal Molding Instructions
2. Spinal Molding Video
3. Williams Stretch
The purpose of spinal molding is to restore the natural curves in the spine, re-educate the spine and mold the discs to their proper position. This is important because changes to the spine negatively effect the nervous system and decrease flexibility.
It has been proven that a very slight amount of pressure (the weight of a dime!)* can disturb the communication of the Nervous System whether or not symptoms are present.
The video below demonstrates how the towels should be folded.
*Sharpless, SK: Susceptibility of Spinal Roots to Compression Block. NINCDS Monograph 15, DHEW publication (NIH) 76-998, 1975, pages 155-161.
Spinal Molding Folding Instructions
Every evening and before going to bed, spinal mold for 15-20 minutes. This allows the discs to mold into the proper position and helps to normalize the curves of your spine.
1. Lie in bed on your back with knees up, use no pillow.
2. Place one rolled towel under the neck at tip of shoulders and one rolled towel under low back just above the hips.
3. Lie on these two supports for 15 to 20 minutes, lie still and try to relax.
4. When time is up, remove towelsand move slowly.
5. If you experience pain, discontinue and consult your doctor.
NOTE: When starting spinal molding, being with about 5 minutes and slowly build up to the 15 to 20 minutes.
Spinal Molding Instruction Video